Monday 12 March 2012

The Joy of Analytics

One of the things that we couldn't imagine 20 years or so ago was the world-wide-web and just how much it would become an integral part of so many areas of our lives.
The best tool imaginable for anyone with a website who wants to see who is looking at it, where they are, what pages they land on, where they exit, keywords etc etc etc etc etc (there is just too much to list here), is Google Analytics.  As I've said before on this blog, it's helped me see that Michaela Tabb is the most looked-for person that ranks on my website (still don't quite get that).  Today I'm celebrating a milestone.  Just after Christmas Google Analytics was telling me that I had had over 400 visitors to my site in the last 30 days (a standard, rolling view) and that has been creeping up since pictures were published from the UK Indoor Athlectics in mid-February, and has now reached 501 visitors for the period 10 Feb-11 Mar 2012.  I don't think Scott Kelby will be losing any sleep over this, but if he happens to be reading this then all I can say is: "Scott, hi - I'm up to be your Wednesday Guest Blogger, anytime, no really!" =:~)
So, Google Analytics, thank you for a pep on a Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment