Monday 1 June 2015

Jessica Ennis-Hill - Rio 2016 qualification in the bag!

Sheffield's Olympic Heptathlon Champion Jessica Ennis-Hill, 29, came good at the weekend to make her full Heptathlon comeback and secure qualification for Rio 2016 at the Gotzis Hypo-meet in Austria.

In her first heptathlon since winning Olympic gold in August 2012, Jess finished fourth with 6,520 points - well above the 6,200 needed for Rio and which also gave her entry to this year's World Championships in Beijing.

Jessica Ennis-Hill at her first comeback event this year - the Great CityGames in Manchester.

"I'm really, really pleased," she said afterwards.  "Some of my events have been pretty poor, pretty standard.  I feel there's so much more to come.  If someone had said I'd have had 6,520 beforehand I would have taken that with both hands.  It's a pleasing position to be in after all that time off."

No comments:

Post a Comment