Sunday 9 February 2014

Katarina Johnson-Thompson wins the Long Jump in a World qualifying distance

Following on from Saturday’s national high jump record, Johnson-Thompson (Liverpool Harriers) will have delighted her coach Mike Holmes to win the Women's Long Jump in 6.75m – a second world indoor qualifier in as many days.

 

“It was definitely the best I could have imagined. I didn’t sleep last night so I feel really tired and didn’t expect to come out and do that!” she said.

“I skipped the hurdles because I wanted to be really cautious for next weekend, I really want to qualify for the World Indoor Championships in the pentathlon. It gives me great confidence, even if I can’t get to that standard I know I can get close to it and that’s what it’s about in pentathlon; being consistent.

See more photos from the event at: Andy Chubb Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment