Monday 12 August 2013

Direct Line UK Breakdown Cover - daylight robbery

I have been happily covered by Green Flag for UK vehicle breakdown for some years now but recently received a renewal reminder quoting me £327.54 for their 'Recovery Plus' option for my 9-year old Vauxhall Zafira.  This was quite a jump from last year - I know that we had had to call them out to get the battery bumped after several cold days in March this year, but that surely couldn't explain such a meteoric rise?!?!?

I called their renewal line and they (the operator and supervisor) were also surprised at the large quote.  So, as they couldn't do any price matching form their system, they cancelled my policy and I have now just renewed online for the same cover for the sum of £83.74 - an extortionate difference of £243.80!

Ever get the feeling they are just out to fleece you?  I've heard of burglars and muggers getting away with less!

No comments:

Post a Comment