Wednesday 25 January 2012

Nasty shock for 2012....

I suppose it had to happen at some time in my 'life' as being a photographer, but I've just seen the first example of my work being used without permission or copyright, and for commercial purposes too!  It was a shock to browse the web and see a restaurant advertising a special offer and using a photo of mine with it.

As the restaurant was a large chain, I had previously contacted them to see if they wanted to use the photo. They did not take up on the offer (their website has a 'generic' photo that they use in a lot of cases). So I contacted them again and asked them about this offer.

They replied that they did not know anything about it. It looks like it has been posted by a third party marketing outfit ripping off my image and then placing the advert in an online 'gazette'. I have contacted both the marketing company and the 'gazette' asking for the article to be removed. We will wait and see.....

No comments:

Post a Comment